27 July 2007

Fat Cat Oscar


There's a funny story in the newspaper today (http:newsinfo.inquirer.net) about a cat who can predict the death of terminally ill patients at a nursing home in Rhode Island by staying with them during their last hours.

I find this story amusing owing to the fact that up until now people can not seem to understand that most animals, like myself, have very sensitive senses. We can sense fear, sickness, danger a good distance better than humans. My keeper brags about this a lot:

"40 feet distance by land, and 40 feet underwater"

I can not validate this completely, though. What I do know is that I can locate my keeper and any of the houndsinheaven just by sniffing the air. I am not sure about water because I have not been anywhere near a body of water that is 4ofeet deep.

Keeper tells anybody who care to listen that dogs like me are perfect for rescue work since we can sense drowning victims or those trapped in a rubble. Wow! Now, that's what I call real heroes! This is the reason why keeper has been feverishly training us for years!

Well finally, this year she was able to train all the male hounds to go on a leash, stop, go . . . nope, we don't sit when she says 'stop', and we don't remain on 'stop' for a good minute. I know, I know, this may sound pretty moronic to anybody who owns a dog but you see, we were raised to go wild and free around Heaven until my keeper got tired hearing Dr.J and people complaining why the houndsinheaven can not go on leash!

So, finally after months of wearing that yucky, heavy, itchy thingamajig of a collar, and out of pity for my keeper who's practically reduced to begging and bribing the houndsinheaven, we did it. Now, walking around Heaven is part of our boring routine. And nope, keeper has no plans of taking us for a walk around Rainbow Avenue. Keeper will simply not allow us to step where "fleas, ticks, pollution et al" may be lurking outside Heaven. Ho-hum.

But keeper who used to own more than 20 cats before the houndsinheaven took over the rein, tells us that her cats can do better than fat cat Oscar. Keeper says her cats does not only sense death but also the dead like spirits, and the unseen like elementals. Like us, they can also sense when someone is coming armed with goodies for all the houndsinheaven to enjoy. And I can very well vouch for this claim . . .

No comments: