26 August 2007

Zzzzzz -sure

It's a slooooooooooow week!
Floods = traffic.
Read: Keeper is coming home late!



Rain + sunny hot = drowsy pets.
Read: Sleep it off!



Well, animals are flexible creatures.
We don't waste time mulling our fate
(well, except for some, like me)
and when things don't turn out
much like a regular schedule
we start locating our nooks
and hie off to dreamland.

Keeper said the SLEX
(SLEX is supposed to be a highway
but now it's just a tollway and now
it's just bedlam with a capital B)
is undergoing rehab work and
connecting skyways is not easy work
so the usual one-hour trip
becomes a two/three hours trip!

I blinked and held my drool.
Er, keeper, what does that mean?
We have to forget romp time,
eating early and grooming before sleep?

It means that if I'm not home early
I'm stuck in traffic but I'm coming home.
No need to look like abandoned pets.
And no, you can still eat early
and have your furs brush till shiny
because your other keeper is home.
And yes, when I get home
I'll find time to play with everyone.
Fair deal?

Aw shucks, keeper. What a relief!

Keeper moaned that because of the traffic
most of the air-conditioned buses
now show two movies one at a time
so people will not notice the slow trip.

Keeper uses the time to take a nap
text people, read a book, do sudoku
and if only space will allow it
she wanted to do yoga right there
but she can't unless she wants to inhale
all the tired, stressed energies around.

Oh-ghost month blues.
There's almost a few days left
and I'll find something exciting to do
than sleep like the rest of the
houndsinheaven . . .

No comments: