20 December 2007

Bogart got sick!

That was the sad news this week.
One second he was up and goofy
the next day he was glum and weak.



It is not easy for anybody to know
if my big brother Bogart is not well.
He is always happy and not demanding
And since he only has one expression
on his big, black face
and he wags his tail all the time
nobody would know that
my poor brother is in pain
except Keeper!


Last week Bogart remained glum
even if Keeper would playfully kiss him
a thing all the houndsinheaven enjoy
doing with Keeper. . .



But Bogart remained doggo.
So Keeper felt for his tummy
and cheerfully promised him (and us)
that she will try to cut fresh grass
which helps us detoxify our system.


But Keeper forgot!
And Bogart never complained.
But when he did not eat his breakfast
and later his snacks at noon
Keeper ran her hand on his body
and got really frantic!
She told me Bogart has high fever.


I was frantic myself.
I felt sick just watching him.
Keeper ran her hands over his hot body
and tried to perform her healing magick.
When Keeper finished after almost an hour
Bogart's fever was gone!
He was so thirsty he finished
all the water in his water bowl!
Keeper brought him to his bed
and when he woke up he was able to eat.
He looked really weak but his fever is gone
and his appetite slowly returned.

Keeper was keeping an eye on him all week.
She said it must be the other wormsy.
The deadly garden pest that looked cool
and funny with his big eyes and color.
Watch out for this thing, doggies!



Bogart tried to pry this wormsy from the garden
when Keeper got alerted and removed it
before it does further damage to other beings.
Well, it made my big brother Bogart sick
so we know better than befriend it . . .

9 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Feel better soon Bogart buddy - we are thinking of you.

Love
Opy

Stanley said...

Hey, Bogart!

You don't know me, but I saw on DWB news that you were feeling poorly and came by to say hi. My goober smooches have healing properties, so I'm sending some to you now! Glad to hear your fever broke.

Goober love,
Stanley

Molly the Airedale said...

We're sending lots of AireZen your way Bogart! We hope you feel better real soon!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Snowball said...

I hope you get better soon, Bogart.

Luv,
Snowball

Lacy said...

woofies all!!! me sorrwy u not feelin well Bogart...me has u in me thoughts and prayers u will get better quick...listen to u mama and daddy and da dogtor....santapaws day iz almost here and u wants to b well fur him...

b safe and get well,
;)lacylulu

Faya said...

Oh Bogart I hope you will feel better soon and have a nice Christmas...
Kisses from Switzerland, Faya

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Bogart, hope you will be better soon. I will be thinking of you.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Sophie Brador said...

Bogart, I just read about you on the DWB news. Seems that you and I are the featured story right now. I sure hope you are feeling better really, really soon. It's really no fun at all to be sick.

If you get well, I will too! Deal?

xo
SB

Bogart H. Devil said...

From one Bogart to another...

GET BETTER BOGART!!!

Love,
Bogart H. Devil