25 December 2007

Oh, what a Merry, Merry Day!

. . . yes, it is Christmas time.
And a Child was born
as a blessed gift to mankind . . .



In Heaven the portal opens
to welcome family and friends
animals and good cheers . . .
Oh, what a happy, happy time!


My mumsy Pica is still strong
and reigns as the hounds' Queen
in a throne only she can occupy
in our hearts . . .

Her presence assures Keeper
that her prayers are answered . . .



My popsy Sumo is all agog
happy and dancing for joy
for reasons only he knows
(er, Keeper, could he and Pica . . .?)

His energy and enthusiasm assures Keeper
that love and caring makes for a happy hound . . .



My big brother Bogart is WELL
and still big. . . and still dopey
but now . . . all smiley

and more importantly,
he ate a whole chicken steak today!
Actually, he even ate my share
but I did not mind . . .


. . . because I was so happy!
I could not care less
if Bogart ate all my chews!


I am happy because . . .
I made a lot of friends.
I conquered my fear of RainbowAve.
I became a SuperDog.
I received a lot of pats,
a lot of hugs and kisses
especially from pretty girls . . .


ok, stop drooling doggy buddies . . .
they promised to visit you all
and give you warm pats and kisses as well!


and more importantly,
the houndsinheaven taught some people
to be kind and more caring to animals,
to respect and keep the environment clean,
and to freely give and share . . .

. . . most especially to those in need . .


Have a joyful, meaningful and prosperous holy day!

4 comments:

Girasol said...

Merry Xmas to you too!
I got your ecard,I like it!!!!

Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

Hi buddies! looks like ya'll had a really pawsome day. Christma is all year long so Merry Merry Christmas

Love Licks,waggin TX tails out!

Hammer said...

Hi Bogart
We're sorry to hear that you have been sick but we're real happy you're eating well again. Take good care of yourself.
Love from Hammer

Ivy said...

wowie! wut a very beautiful post! i hope that the next year brings you just as many happy things and more chicken steaks too!

luv ivy