06 August 2007

Duh?

I must warn you this is going to be a dark post.
Nope, nothing evil. Just dark.
As in BLACK.

Well, what can I say
I'm going to rave about my Big Brother
And that means it will not only be big
it will also be all black
and beautiful . . .

see, I told you. . .
and yeah, this is another of those
I love Bogart tribute
I can't help it
He is simply adorable!
If you ask him though
he just goes: "duh?"
Yeah, a one-liner dude.
The perfect companion for a yakity-yak-yak
like me and keeper. . .

Bogart came from the first batch of puppies
of my Papa Sumo and Mumsy Pica . . .
Below is an old family photo
when heaven was still inhabited by cats
and the dogs were just getting their act together

no, I am not the other cute thing beside Bogart
That could be Fudge who died a few weeks
after this photo was taken.
There were four other puppies
who were given to keeper's friends.
Keeper decided to keep Bogart and Fudge
against her better judgement.

I was told keeper wailed while holding the dying Fudge.
She also wailed while all the puppies started leaving heaven.
She wanted to keep all the puppies
but knew she couldn't afford to keep them
so she cried her heart out . . .

But if you ask Bogart, he goes "duh?"

I suspect that behind that clueless face
of my big, black, brother Bogart
lies a grieving heart.
Like keeper, his eyes carry the sadness
and the memory of hounds
who brought joy and love and left . . .


I may not fully understand that pain
but when Bogart plays and licks my face
I know deep in my heart
that he will be OK
as I will be OK

even if he constantly just say
"duh?"

No comments: