02 August 2007

A Tribute to Bogart



You are the
apple of my eye
mango of my pie
palaman sa tinapay
keso of my monay
teeth of my suklay
fingers of my kamay
blood in my atay
bubbles of my laway
sala of my bahay
seeds of my palay
clothes in my ukay2
calcium in my kalansay
calamansi on my siomai
vitamins in my gulay
tungkod wen i'm pilay
feeling when i'm high
shoulders when i cry
cure to my aray
in short,
ur my frend
habang buhay . . .

-from keeper's sms inbox
read: as yucky as u cn get
but expresses my fondnez
for bigB real well . . .

for my friends abroad:
palaman = bread filling
tinapay = bread
keso = cheese
monay = bread bun
suklay = comb
kamay = hand
atay = liver
laway = drool
sala = living room
bahay = house
palay = rice
ukay-ukay = second-hand sales
kalansay = skeleton
siomai = meat balls
gulay = veggies
tungkod = sling
pilay = limp
aray = pain
habang buhay = forever

No comments: